The 1st Choice for recruitment
in Bedford, Milton Keynes, Huntingdon, Biggleswade and Northampton for over 30 years!
CLICK HERE to call your local office
Our Milton Keynes based client is looking for an Engineering Technician to ensure that all machinery and equipment is installed, maintained and operated to maximise production output and efficiencies. This role is on a full time, permanent basis.
Position: Engineering Technician
Hours: Monday to Friday, 9am to 5.30pm
Salary: Dependant on experience
The job will involve...
- Carrying out planned maintenance programmes and schedules, recommending improvements and ensuring efficiencies are maximised
- Carrying out line quality checks, monitoring line performance data and adjusting machinery as necessary, ensuring production targets are achieved
- Carrying out fault diagnosis and repair breakdowns, ensure downtime is minimised
- Analysing efficiency, wastage and downtime data to identifying areas for performance improvement
- Operating machinery as required to ensure efficient manufacturing team working
- Carrying out all duties in line with safe working practices and factory hygiene standards
- Producing detailed written reports when required eg downtime sheets/line log books
- Consulting manuals and reading detailed drawings to ensure correct replacement parts are ordered when faulty.
The Person will...
- Be educated to degree/HNC level in Mechanical/Electrical engineering
- Have a minimum of 3 years engineering experience
- Possess indepth knowledge of maintenance systems and processes
- Be a problem solver with excellent attention to detail
- Have a logical and methodical approach to their work
- Be experienced in a multi skilled food manufacturing or FMCG environment
- Possess knowledge of spoken French, Italian or Spanish
- Be NEBOSH qualified (not essential)
- Possess strong IT skills with some knowledge of Autocad (preferable)
Please note that at times due to the volume of applications we may not be able to respond to each person individually. If you do not hear from us within 7 days we're sorry you have not been successful this time. Please do not let this stop you applying for other positions you may be suitable for. Good Luck!
1st Choice Staff Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and acts as both an Employment Agency & Business.
Registered Office: 8 St Loyes Street Bedford MK40 1EP
Co Registration No: 07972006
VAT Registration No: 476186512
Bedford (Head Office) - Tel: 01234 210025 Milton Keynes - Tel: 01908 695599 Biggleswade - Tel: 01767 316767 Huntingdon - Tel: 01480 459141 Northampton - Tel: 01604 212169