The 1st Choice for recruitment
in Bedford, Milton Keynes, Huntingdon, Biggleswade and Northampton for over 25 years!
CLICK HERE to call your local office
Want to work delivering ecological consultancy and mitigation works in a fast moving, client focussed commercial environment?
Want to work in an organisation where you are valued and have flexibility to grow within an entrepreneurial organisation?
* Undertaking a wide range of ecological surveys including extended Phase 1 Habitat Surveys and more specialist work such as protected species surveys and mitigation.
* Carrying out desk studies, consultations, research, data management and analysis, and report writing.
* Liaising with clients and statutory bodies.
* Undertaking Ecological Impact Assessments and inputting into ecological sections of Environmental Impact Assessments.
* Supporting sales activities by assisting with drafting proposals and quotes.
Successful candidates will:
* Undertake a wide range of ecological surveys including extended Phase 1 Habitat Surveys including more specialist work such as protected species surveys and mitigation. This will involve ensuring that work is delivered on time and is delivered to the client's satisfaction.
* Write and produce concise ecological reports that are compliant with relevant legislation and meet the needs of the client, both in terms of satisfaction and client deadlines.
* Gain experience of protected species licensing with the aim of being a named ecologist on a European Protected Species Licence.
* Hold at least one or working towards Natural England survey licence (ideally great crested newts or bats).
* Manage own time to ensure that work is delivered on time and to the required standards.
Ideal but not essential
* Bird survey experience.
* Report writing skills.
* Quote/tender production.
* Client management experience.
* Full driving licence will be required.
* Experience with European Protected Species survey work.
* Membership of CIEEM.
Our client offers a great work - life balance approach.
Fostering staff retention with: working flexibility, personal growth opportunities and encouragement, career and professional development and community involvement projects.
Please note that at times due to the volume of applications we may not be able to respond to each person individually. If you do not hear from us within 7 days we're sorry you have not been successful this time. Please do not let this stop you applying for other positions you may be suitable for. Good Luck!
1st Choice Staff Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and acts as both an Employment Agency & Business.
Registered Office: 8 St Loyes Street Bedford MK40 1EP
Co Registration No: 07972006
VAT Registration No: 476186512
Bedford (Head Office) - Tel: 01234 210025 Milton Keynes - Tel: 01908 695599 Biggleswade - Tel: 01767 316767 Huntingdon - Tel: 01480 459141 Northampton - Tel: 01604 212169