The 1st Choice for recruitment
in Bedford, Milton Keynes, Huntingdon, Biggleswade and Northampton for over 30 years!
CLICK HERE to call your local office
We are seeking an experienced Design Engineer who enjoys conversing with customers to achieve their desired solution.
If this is you and you are looking for a new exciting challenge then please read on!
* Technical / Design expertise
* Ensure correct procedures are followed.
* Attend site visits as required.
Customer consultation - Technical
* Layouts, hydraulics, loading, specification, and materials advice.
* Sketches to compliment engineered solutions leading to formal design proposals where required.
* Feasibility dialogue with designers and contractors relating to mechanics, product performance and product design.
* Value engineering with customer and supplier as applicable.
* Collaboration with external sales to win the order from the client.
Customer relationship management
* Building trust with the customer and manage their expectations.
* Identifying additional opportunities within projects and promoting our service offering to the customer.
ABD Team member and contributor
* Regular liaison with the manufacturing team.
* Collaboration with the commercial team to deliver the projects on time and in full.
* Liaison with Product Manager on new product design and market placement.
* Support the development of build-up packages.
Authorities and Responsibilities
* Managing customer expectations.
* Correct technical advice.
* Conversant with current building and environmental trends.
* Authority to amend drawings to meet customer expectations and change the pricing to reflect the changes within set parameters and according to Trading Policy.
* External: Exchanging professional communication with Customers: designers and specifiers, main contractors, D&B contractors, M&E contractors, distributors.
* Personal: Giving and receiving feedback in a constructive manner, developing behaviour, listening and engaging with staff/colleagues in an appropriate manner.
* Applications - Word, Power Point and Excel
* Systems - AutoCAD, Inventor, Sage X3, CRM and BD Build Up procedures.
* Hydraulics, Sheet metal fabrication, Welding, Architectural practices.
Personal skills and behaviour
* Capacity to deal with multiple enquiries and delegate as required, demonstrating time management skills and the ability to work under pressure.
* Even temperament to deal with construction related problems (inaccurate, imprecise and insufficient customer input), a positive approach.
* Ability to respond quickly to issues but maintain overall work control.
* Good communication skills - written and verbal, easily building good rapport with customers.
* Professional and rational behaviour, leading by example.
* Open to advice and collaboration.
* Tenacity in dealing with customers.
* Good presentation and organisation skills.
* Good attention to detail.
* Project management skills.
* Self-managing, and able to work within parameters of the Company.
* Self-motivation, energetic with a desire to achieve goals and company aspirations.
* Social skills. Easy communication, sense of humour and good team player.
* Able to handle confidential information.
Please note that at times due to the volume of applications we may not be able to respond to each person individually. If you do not hear from us within 7 days we're sorry you have not been successful this time. Please do not let this stop you applying for other positions you may be suitable for. Good Luck!
1st Choice Staff Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and acts as both an Employment Agency & Business.
Registered Office: 8 St Loyes Street Bedford MK40 1EP
Co Registration No: 07972006
VAT Registration No: 476186512
Bedford (Head Office) - Tel: 01234 210025 Milton Keynes - Tel: 01908 695599 Biggleswade - Tel: 01767 316767 Huntingdon - Tel: 01480 459141 Northampton - Tel: 01604 212169