The 1st Choice for recruitment
in Bedford, Milton Keynes, Huntingdon, Biggleswade and Northampton for over 30 years!
CLICK HERE to call your local office
CNC Programmer / Operator
£34K to £37k per annum.
40hrs - 8am - 4.30pm Monday to Friday
Flexible to operate on shift where required (6-2.30pm and 1.30-10pm)
Outskirts of Bedford
Our client based on the outskirts of Bedford are looking for a competent CNC Programmer / Operator to use computer numerically controlled (CNC) machinery safely and accurately to perform a variety of functions. The job is important since some materials are not easy to shape or handle manually or with conventional equipment.
CNC Operators are highly skilled professionals, able to work with great concentration and precision. You must be responsible and comply with all safety guidelines. A keen eye for detail and great mechanical aptitude are also essential.
The goal is to produce high quality parts and materials by programming machines to perform the right operations.
* Prepare and operate CNC machines to perform tasks such as drilling, milling etc.
* Understand specifications of the task at hand and the desired result by reading blueprints, mechanical drawings etc.
* Translate instructions into computer commands so the machines can perform the correct function
* Prepare and load raw materials and parts onto the machines
* Prepare a test run to check if the machines produce outputs according to specifications
* Set machines to complete full cycles to fabricate large number of parts
* Supervise the machines while they execute the tasks and make any necessary adjustments to produce a better result
* Inspect and measure finished products and compare them with requirements to determine if the process has been completed properly
* Check and maintain machinery daily to ensure functionality
Requirements and skills
* Proven experience as CNC programmer / operator
* Skill in operating CNC machinery and tooling as well as precision measurement tools
* Ability to read and interpret mechanical documents and drawings
* Computer savvy with basic understanding of computer programming and CAD/CAM
* Mechanical aptitude and good math skills
* A keen eye for detail and results-driven approach
* Good communication abilities
* High school diploma or equivalent; certificate or diploma in engineering or relevant discipline is a plus
* Successfully completed apprenticeship is required
* Experience using Homag and or Holzer CNC machines.
Please note that at times due to the volume of applications we may not be able to respond to each person individually. If you do not hear from us within 7 days we're sorry you have not been successful this time. Please do not let this stop you applying for other positions you may be suitable for. Good Luck!
1st Choice Staff Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and acts as both an Employment Agency & Business.
Registered Office: 8 St Loyes Street Bedford MK40 1EP
Co Registration No: 07972006
VAT Registration No: 476186512
Bedford (Head Office) - Tel: 01234 210025 Milton Keynes - Tel: 01908 695599 Biggleswade - Tel: 01767 316767 Huntingdon - Tel: 01480 459141 Northampton - Tel: 01604 212169
Strictly Necessary Cookies are enabled at all times - for example so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings.
If you disable this cookie, we will not be able to save your preferences. This means that every time you visit this website you will need to enable or disable cookies again.
This website uses Google Analytics to collect anonymous information such as the number of visitors to the site, and the most popular pages.
Keeping this cookie enabled helps us to improve our website.
Please enable Strictly Necessary Cookies first so that we can save your preferences!