The 1st Choice for recruitment
in Bedford, Milton Keynes, Huntingdon, Biggleswade and Northampton for over 30 years!
CLICK HERE to call your local office
Business Systems Support Analyst - Bedford - Salary from £24,000 per annum DOE
Monday - Friday 8.00 am - 5.00 pm
We are looking for someone who can maintain high standards of IT support and administration and assist in the continuous improvement programme adopted by the IT department for our Bedford based client.
Summary of the Role:
Maintaining high standards of IT support and administration with appropriate support and supervision.
Assist in the continuous improvement program adopted by the IT Department.
Aid the IT Manager with performing small/large scale system administration tasks
Duties & Responsibilities:
1 Maintaining high standards of support and administration.
2 Assist in the development and delivery of IT projects.
3 Provide support for IT users, IT infrastructure and business systems
* PC Building and deliver to users according to build scripts.
* Perform regular checks to ensure IT systems are operating as expected.
* To take ownership of micro-projects and support tasks.
* Listening to users in an empathetic and pragmatic manner.
* Log calls in IT Helpdesk system.
* Administer, monitor and investigate issues with network devices such as printers, computers, physical and virtual servers and their layered products, IP camera systems, network switches, firewalls, biometric systems, NAS servers, PBX Phone systems, etc.
* Administer and monitor all scheduled tasks such as customer-facing SQL data-feeds.
* Administer and monitor all of the IT estates backup procedures.
* Administer Active Directory users and objects, Group Policy and DNS.
* To support office moves and general IT issues.
* Administer consumables and equipment.
* Administer Asset management.
* To maintain confidentiality of all information.
* Assist with the security of business data and assets
* Mobile Device management support
* Working outside of normal office hours at very short notice
* Being able to travel at short notice
The ideal candidate must have and be able to demonstrate the following experience:
·Minimum of two years IT exposure in 1 st Line Support Position
·Good all-round hardware, software and connectivity troubleshooting skills
·Knowledge of Windows operating systems, Microsoft business applications, web browsing, systems administration and commands
·Experience of using an ERP system, preferably Microsoft Dynamics.
·Be able to manage high volume workloads and prioritise these tasks in a helpdesk system
·Knowledge of SQL scripting
·Keeping documentation up to date
·Having a flexible work attitude
·Being able to work outside of normal business hours at very short notice
·The ability to travel at short notice
·Awareness of GDPR and data-protection
If the above sounds of interest to you, we would love to hear from you. In the first instance, please send your CV to (if you do not receive a reply within 5 days of CV submission, your CV has not been successful on this occasion).
Please check out our Privacy Notice to bring you up to speed with your rights over your data And GDPR: Privacy Notice
Please note that at times due to the volume of applications we may not be able to respond to each person individually. If you do not hear from us within 7 days we're sorry you have not been successful this time.
Please do not let this stop you applying for other positions you may be suitable for. Good Luck!
1st Choice Staff Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and acts as both an Employment Agency & Business
Please note that at times due to the volume of applications we may not be able to respond to each person individually. If you do not hear from us within 7 days we're sorry you have not been successful this time. Please do not let this stop you applying for other positions you may be suitable for. Good Luck!
1st Choice Staff Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and acts as both an Employment Agency & Business.
Registered Office: 8 St Loyes Street Bedford MK40 1EP
Co Registration No: 07972006
VAT Registration No: 476186512
Bedford (Head Office) - Tel: 01234 210025 Milton Keynes - Tel: 01908 695599 Biggleswade - Tel: 01767 316767 Huntingdon - Tel: 01480 459141 Northampton - Tel: 01604 212169