The 1st Choice for recruitment
in Bedford, Milton Keynes, Huntingdon, Biggleswade and Northampton for over 30 years!
CLICK HERE to call your local office
Business Development Manager c £30 + BENS and Company Bonus
Reporting to the Deputy Commercial Director
Hours of work: Full-Time 09:00 to 17:30 Monday to Friday
As the Business Development Manager you will be building and maintaining relationships with new and existing customers. You will identify new business opportunities by creating and fostering new relationships and begin the on boarding of new clients. Making sure their experience is a great one and securing future business. Some clients you will need to go visit and also attend a small amount of shows.
We are looking for someone who has sold a product B2B on a high volume scale both in the UK a globally. Experience of selling small retail items would be a huge advantage.
This is a very fun, family, friendly run company who are on the cusp of something much bigger. You will be joining at an exciting and growing time.
You will be given the autonomy and trust to do this role working your pipeline to expand the number of customers whilst keeping the fantastic companies they already have.
* Commercial sales experience in a B2B environment
* Experience in managing key accounts, preferably within the giftware industry
* Super organised
* Friendly and helpful
* Flexible and able to prioritise a changing to do list
* Detail oriented and accurate, showing care and attention
* Trustworthy and reliable
* Articulate and a good communicator
* Good with English (verbally and written)
* Able to work in a team, our team is so important to us. They are our ambassadors
* Proficient in computer systems and packages
* Good knowledge of social media platforms
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
* Hit sales targets by developing individual account strategies with the Assistant Director Commercial to build and maintain relationships with existing customers.
* React quickly to plan and fix any account under performance by working closely with all team members.
* Use various means of communication, including visits, phone calls, emails, mailers etc. Up-selling and cross-selling where appropriate to increase revenue.
* Negotiate account pricing, and terms and conditions to attain the company's target margins.
* Give exceptional customer service at all times, delivering the brand message, and ensuring a positive customer experience.
* To record, review and analyse customer sales and play an active part in sales meetings.
* Attend trade shows to promote the brands and obtain more customers. Travel to visit existing and potential new accounts.
* Communicate with product developers and management, giving customer feedback on any emerging trends, winners, poor sellers, missed opportunities etc.
* Provide marketing and brand support; increasing the company's social media presence to provide new leads and sales.
* Assist with any other administrative tasks.
This is not a retail role, please on only apply if you have sold a product Business to Business. Only CVs with the correct experience will be considered for this role.
Don't miss out apply today opportunities like this are few and far between, upload your CV or call us and contact us via FaceBook!
Please note that at times due to the volume of applications we may not be able to respond to each person individually. If you do not hear from us within 7 days we're sorry you have not been successful this time. Please do not let this stop you applying for other positions you may be suitable for. Good Luck!
1st Choice Staff Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and acts as both an Employment Agency & Business.
Registered Office: 8 St Loyes Street Bedford MK40 1EP
Co Registration No: 07972006
VAT Registration No: 476186512
Bedford (Head Office) - Tel: 01234 210025 Milton Keynes - Tel: 01908 695599 Biggleswade - Tel: 01767 316767 Huntingdon - Tel: 01480 459141 Northampton - Tel: 01604 212169