The 1st Choice for recruitment
in Bedford, Milton Keynes, Huntingdon, Biggleswade and Northampton for over 30 years!
CLICK HERE to call your local office
Our Milton Keynes based client is looking for a Business Development Executive on a full time, permanent basis.
Reporting to the Business Development Manager you will make initial contact with prospective clients, building rapport with them in order to secure appointments for the field sales team to achieve targets.
Position: Business Development Executive
Hours: 9am to 5.30pm
Salary: £19,000 per annum plus commission
The job will involve...
- Providing leads and booking appointments to generate new business
- Engage and interact with decision makers to identify new and emerging business
- Speaking about the company's products and services to ensure positive brand awareness
- Communicating with customers by telephone, email and face to face
- Building effective relationships with potential clients
- Identifying and qualifying opportunities to introduce products and services
- Providing professional and effective services to all potential and existing customers
- Liaising closely with Area Manager's to provide effective territory management
- Providing accurate recording onto the database system
- Providing support and assistance when required by the Management Team
- Liaising with internal departments and supporting colleagues by providing back-up when required.
The Person will...
- Have experience of working in a similar role
- Possess a flexible approach with good time management skills
- Have some experience of outbound business to business telemarketing
- Be a confident, proactive and dynamic person with a can do attitude, enthusiastic attitude
- Possess excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Have a clear telephone manner and with great listening skills
- Have the ability to demonstrate drive, determination and motivation
- Have the ability to contribute effectively in a fast paced, changing environment
- Possess a good standard of IT skills to include Microsoft Word, Excel and email
- Have excellent customer focus
- Possess a good geographical understanding of the UK.
Please note that at times due to the volume of applications we may not be able to respond to each person individually. If you do not hear from us within 7 days we're sorry you have not been successful this time. Please do not let this stop you applying for other positions you may be suitable for. Good Luck!
1st Choice Staff Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and acts as both an Employment Agency & Business.
Registered Office: 8 St Loyes Street Bedford MK40 1EP
Co Registration No: 07972006
VAT Registration No: 476186512
Bedford (Head Office) - Tel: 01234 210025 Milton Keynes - Tel: 01908 695599 Biggleswade - Tel: 01767 316767 Huntingdon - Tel: 01480 459141 Northampton - Tel: 01604 212169