The 1st Choice for recruitment
in Bedford, Milton Keynes, Huntingdon, Biggleswade and Northampton for over 30 years!
CLICK HERE to call your local office
Buildings and Contracts Supervisor
Based near Shefford £12.12ph (may be negotiable)
Duties and Responsibilities
* Supervise the day-to-day operation of the contractors working in the corporate property portfolio, ensuring high standards of service within budgets.
* Contribute to the development of services and quality systems to maximise customer satisfaction and the visibility of the service.
* Be a key person within the Facilities Management team, building strong and effective relationships with Customers, Members of the Public, Staff, Senior Officers, Councillors and Contractors to support the delivery of services.
* To provide information and advice to the Corporate Facilities Managers on the performance of the FM contracts.
* Provide feedback on the state of the corporate property portfolio by carrying out regular audits on the status of each building, including first impressions, contract compliance and Health and Safety issues arising.
* Be customer friendly, efficient and connected in how you work; make the most of modern technologies, workspaces and ways of working to provide a customer focused and efficient service, and bring forward ideas for service improvement.
* To supervise the performance of the FM Contracts, including identifying risks and improvements. Ensuring the contractors are working to the highest standards and are responding as required in the service specification. Carryout regular audits and inspections of all premises and grounds - ensuring all service failures are reported, and monitoring to ensure that they are carried out effectively, including checking the quality of all works when carried out.
* Assisting with the management of emergency procedures for all corporate buildings including ensuring adequate coverage is in place. To take a proactive approach in the Health, Safety and Wellbeing of the council property portfolio. Ensure all contractors working in our buildings, carryout their works in accordance with relevant Health and Safety legislation and have been issued a permit to work and are being monitored on site. You will be required to carry out a range of compliance activities for example weekly fire alarm testing, workplace inspections and risk assessments
* You will act as the initial contact point for the helpdesk / customers, following a reactive repair being reported, you will assess the priority and assign a contractor. Work closely with colleagues across assets to ensure best value is achieved and the customers concerns are dealt with
Essential Criteria Desirable
Qualifications Good standard of Secondary education
First Aid Trained
Experience of working in a facilities / building management environment
Understanding of general workplace Health and Safety.
Knowledge of working in a customer care environment.
Experience of using CAFM
Experience of contract monitoring
Please note that at times due to the volume of applications we may not be able to respond to each person individually. If you do not hear from us within 7 days we're sorry you have not been successful this time. Please do not let this stop you applying for other positions you may be suitable for. Good Luck!
1st Choice Staff Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and acts as both an Employment Agency & Business.
Registered Office: 8 St Loyes Street Bedford MK40 1EP
Co Registration No: 07972006
VAT Registration No: 476186512
Bedford (Head Office) - Tel: 01234 210025 Milton Keynes - Tel: 01908 695599 Biggleswade - Tel: 01767 316767 Huntingdon - Tel: 01480 459141 Northampton - Tel: 01604 212169