The 1st Choice for recruitment
in Bedford, Milton Keynes, Huntingdon, Biggleswade and Northampton for over 30 years!
CLICK HERE to call your local office
Our Client is looking for an experienced Building Surveyor to join their team on a permanent basis, based on beautiful grounds on the outskirts of Milton Keynes. The successful candidate will be able demonstrate a knowledge of building standards, planning regulations, regulatory standards. This role will be reporting into the Head of Property Maintenance
Salary: £55,000 or (£45,000 with accomodation provided)
Hours: Monday - Friday, 9:00am - 5:30pm
Location: Milton Keynes / Bedfordshire
Role and Responsibilities:
As our Building Surveyor you will focus on enhancing the current maintenance service and improvements, together with being responsible for monitoring contractor's performance against time, cost and quality. You will report to the Head of Property Maintenance and work as part of a small central team.
The key skills required are:
* Carry out inspections and diagnose building defects and produce specifications.
* Undertake annual stock condition surveys.
* To instruct and supervise work for the in-house maintenance operatives.
* To raise works orders for in house staff and external contractors
* To produce accurate and concise reports using Office applications and bespoke software.
* To manage contractors and monitor contractor progress.
* Specify and implement thermal improvement works, generally to older or listed buildings.
* To undertake quality assurance inspections and produce reports.
* Project manage various contracts. Prepare tender documentation and project manage contract works.
* Programming, financial control and administration.
* To produce accurate estimates for building works.
* To fully understand Health and Safety, including CDM regulations.
* Be available on-call on a rota basis.
* A proven and successful background in property maintenance with the ability to diagnose building defects
* Experience in residential and listed buildings.
* Experience of Contract Administration
* Ability to prioritise and work to deadlines, perform under pressure and have excellent problem solving, communication and supervisory skills.
* IT Literate (MS word Excel)
* Full, Clean Driving Lisense
* Managing Maintenance of historic buildings
* Experience of JCT Contracts
* Use of CAD, Qube, MS project
* Working towards CIOB or RICS membership
Please note that at times due to the volume of applications we may not be able to respond to each person individually. If you do not hear from us within 7 days we're sorry you have not been successful this time. Please do not let this stop you applying for other positions you may be suitable for. Good Luck!
1st Choice Staff Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and acts as both an Employment Agency & Business.
Registered Office: 8 St Loyes Street Bedford MK40 1EP
Co Registration No: 07972006
VAT Registration No: 476186512
Bedford (Head Office) - Tel: 01234 210025 Milton Keynes - Tel: 01908 695599 Biggleswade - Tel: 01767 316767 Huntingdon - Tel: 01480 459141 Northampton - Tel: 01604 212169
Strictly Necessary Cookies are enabled at all times - for example so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings.
If you disable this cookie, we will not be able to save your preferences. This means that every time you visit this website you will need to enable or disable cookies again.
This website uses Google Analytics to collect anonymous information such as the number of visitors to the site, and the most popular pages.
Keeping this cookie enabled helps us to improve our website.
Please enable Strictly Necessary Cookies first so that we can save your preferences!