The 1st Choice for recruitment
in Bedford, Milton Keynes, Huntingdon, Biggleswade and Northampton for over 25 years!
CLICK HERE to call your local office
Working on behalf of a prestigious client of ours based in Shefford, we are recruiting for a Building Health & Safety Compliance Officer to join their team on an innitial temporary basis. This contract may be extended for the right candidate.
The main purpose of your role is to ensure the corporate property portfo meets all legal requirements and that all people who use the services can do in a safe manner. You will act as the principal adviser on building complaince matters. You will also provide professional advice the the Head of Facilities Management, carry out safety audits, risk assessments and organising essential repairs.
Duties of your role will involve:
* Lead or contribute to the preparation, update and publication of property related Health and Safety policies and procedures.
* Ensure that the organisation complies with legal obligations.
* Monitor and report on the status of compliance and risks.
* Continually review and audit Health and Safety asset information.
* Organise asbestos refurbishments and demolition surveys, and organise and manage all asbestos removal works.
* Ensure all contractors carry out their work in accordance with relevant Health and Safety legislation.
What is our client looking from you?
* NEBOSH General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety (or equivalent).
* BOHS P405 Management of Asbestos (or equivalent).
* BOHS P902 Water Hygiene Management (or equivalent).
* Relevant experience in a similar role.
* Risk assessment experience.
* Experience in managing asbestos in buildings and asbestos surveying.
You will need to be available immediately to be considered for this role.
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org now.
Please note that at times due to the volume of applications we may not be able to respond to each person individually. If you do not hear from us within 7 days we're sorry you have not been successful this time. Please do not let this stop you applying for other positions you may be suitable for. Good Luck!
1st Choice Staff Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and acts as both an Employment Agency & Business.
Registered Office: 8 St Loyes Street Bedford MK40 1EP
Co Registration No: 07972006
VAT Registration No: 476186512
Bedford (Head Office) - Tel: 01234 210025 Milton Keynes - Tel: 01908 695599 Biggleswade - Tel: 01767 316767 Huntingdon - Tel: 01480 459141 Northampton - Tel: 01604 212169