The 1st Choice for recruitment
in Bedford, Milton Keynes, Huntingdon, Biggleswade and Northampton for over 30 years!
CLICK HERE to call your local office
Our Milton Keynes based client is looking an Automation Engineer to ensure all l machinery and equipment is installed, maintained and operated to maximise production output and efficiencies. This role is on a full time, permanent basis.
Position: Automation Engineer
Hours: Monday to Friday, 9am to 5.30pm
Salary: Dependant on experience
The job will involve...
- Being the lead automation technical resource on site, providing advanced fault finding
- Support to the business and being the key point of contact for the resolution of problems
- Supporting the Maintenance Manager/Senior Engineers with Weekly engineering Tasks, recommending improvements and ensuring efficiencies are maximised
- Working with Management/Production Teams to review and analyse efficiency, wastage and downtime data, developing an emerging work strategy
- Producing detailed written reports when required with training materials for the development of the the Engineering team and coordinating software updates and backups
- Implementing and managing the change control process to track all software changes
- Supporting the management of contractors on site.
- Consulting manufacturers manuals, reading detailed mechanical drawings and identifying faulty equipment to ensure correct replacement parts are ordered
- Coordinating the implementation of continuous improvements, managing elements such as RCM, RCA Process, & Autonomous maintenance
- Managing small projects, particularly within the Automation field
- Supporting the Project Manager with the implementation of larger projects, taking the lead on supplier issue resolution where Electrical or Automation input is required
- Providing support and technical training to Engineers/Operations teams ensuring best practice.
The Person will...
- Be educated to degree level in Electrical or Automation biased engineering
- Possess a minimum of 5 years engineering experience with excellent knowledge of automation systems
- Have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Possess the ability to train and mentor others with PLC applications/programming
- Have experience of initiating/implementing continuous improvements for lean manufacturing
- Have experience of maintaining systems and processes within high speed production
- Have a high standard of IT skills to include network architecture and security
- Possess excellent attention to detail
- Be logical and methodical in their approach to work
- Have the ability to problem solve in a tenacious and creative way.
Please note that at times due to the volume of applications we may not be able to respond to each person individually. If you do not hear from us within 7 days we're sorry you have not been successful this time. Please do not let this stop you applying for other positions you may be suitable for. Good Luck!
1st Choice Staff Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and acts as both an Employment Agency & Business.
Registered Office: 8 St Loyes Street Bedford MK40 1EP
Co Registration No: 07972006
VAT Registration No: 476186512
Bedford (Head Office) - Tel: 01234 210025 Milton Keynes - Tel: 01908 695599 Biggleswade - Tel: 01767 316767 Huntingdon - Tel: 01480 459141 Northampton - Tel: 01604 212169