The 1st Choice for recruitment
in Bedford, Milton Keynes, Huntingdon, Biggleswade and Northampton for over 30 years!
CLICK HERE to call your local office
We are looking for a passionate and confident individual who is an effective communicator with a keen eye for detail to join our Client within the education sector for up to 4 months to provide Admissions and Sales support. This is a key post to support the department in the smooth running of all processes involved in the student life-cycle from enquiry to registration and graduation. The succesful candidate must have prior experience within the education sector and or teacher training.
Salary: £12.80 per hour
Hours: 37.5 hours per week - Monday to Friday, 9am - 5.30pm
Purpose of the position
The role involves managing the admissions process & sales of all the courses offered by the faculty. You will be the direct line manager of a team of 5, all of whom are involved in managing the admissions of different courses.
You will be expected to champion all the entry requirements and compliance related to our courses and lead/guide your team. Your team will be responsible for meeting target numbers across all courses and delivering excellent customer service. This is a front-facing role as this team is the first port of call for all enquiries, both written and verbal, communicating with other school heads & important stakeholders on a daily basis.
The role also involves reporting on sales and admissions figures, benchmarking fees, doing comparison analysis on application numbers in relation to previous years, going through the faculty's website and other marketing material, editing and updating all admissions related documentation & attending all admissions-related meetings.
* Line management of the admissions team and appraise the department on target numbers in a timely fashion
* Management of all enquiries from potential applicants and schools
* Be responsible for the administration of applications for all training courses including all necessary paperwork to complete the registration process of each applicant
* Liaise with our partners regarding admissions and be responsible for promoting business
* Be responsible for overseeing data entry relating to students on the database
* Training members of the Admissions team when new courses and/or processes are introduced
* Responsibility for ensuring letters generated are updated annually
* Conduct an annual review of admissions processes for the Faculty Registrar
* Review of all admissions paperwork and compliance within the admissions processes
* Oversee the creation of contact and distribution lists for the new intake on an annual basis
* Oversee the creation and distribution of student cards after registration
* Oversee the creation of the main list of data supplied to Operations after registration
* Maintain up-to-date knowledge of Department for Education ITT guidelines and criteria
* Maintain familiarity with ESFA Apprenticeship compliance/funding rules
* Ensure SITs course records are maintained
* Assist the Faculty Registrar (and deputise where necessary) and assist the Operations team during busy periods
* High level of literacy and formal letter writing skills
* Very good verbal and written communication
* Knowledge of Initial Teaching Training & compliance
* Prior experience of teacher training or education is ESSENTIAL
* Excellent eye for detail
* Ability to develop/improve processes
* Good customer service skills
* Flexible approach to time and working hours to accommodate the occasional extended days
* Manage and prioritise workloads
* Understanding of GDPR
* Work accurately and effectively under pressure
* Excellent organisation skills
* Flexible working
* Subsidised meals
* Christmas shutdown
* Free parking
* A friendly and supportive work environment
Please note that at times due to the volume of applications we may not be able to respond to each person individually. If you do not hear from us within 7 days we're sorry you have not been successful this time. Please do not let this stop you applying for other positions you may be suitable for. Good Luck!
1st Choice Staff Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and acts as both an Employment Agency & Business.
Registered Office: 8 St Loyes Street Bedford MK40 1EP
Co Registration No: 07972006
VAT Registration No: 476186512
Bedford (Head Office) - Tel: 01234 210025 Milton Keynes - Tel: 01908 695599 Biggleswade - Tel: 01767 316767 Huntingdon - Tel: 01480 459141 Northampton - Tel: 01604 212169
Strictly Necessary Cookies are enabled at all times - for example so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings.
If you disable this cookie, we will not be able to save your preferences. This means that every time you visit this website you will need to enable or disable cookies again.
This website uses Google Analytics to collect anonymous information such as the number of visitors to the site, and the most popular pages.
Keeping this cookie enabled helps us to improve our website.
Please enable Strictly Necessary Cookies first so that we can save your preferences!