The 1st Choice for recruitment
in Bedford, Milton Keynes, Huntingdon, Biggleswade and Northampton for over 30 years!
CLICK HERE to call your local office
Accounts Manager/Assistant Fianancial Controller
Responsible to Senior Accounts Manager
An exciting oportunity has arisen to join an established company with the offer of excellent career progression across the next 2 years. Working closely with the Current Senior Accounts Manager, the successful candidate will have the potential to move to full responsibility for managing the accounts department - assisting with managerial planning and commercial decision-making tasks by providing the appropriate financial support.
Duties will include as required:
* Preparing sales invoices
* Processing supplier invoices and posting to supplier ledger with correct cost codes
* Preparing supplier outstanding list and paying suppliers as required
* Assisting with Credit Control
* Maintaining petty cash system
* Updating Fixed Asset Register
* Entering Journals
* Maintaining job costing system /monitoring project costs
* Producing monthly financial reports both external & internal to strict deadlines
* Producing budgets & forecasts
* Preparing prepayments & accruals
* Assisting with payroll
Required / Desired competencies and personal skills
* Confident with PAYE, Pensions & BIK using SAGE payroll
* Proficient in Excel, SAGE and Word
* Absolute confidentiality essential.
* Effective time management and prioritisation
* Attention to detail
* Communication skills - telephone, email and personal
* Effective management of paperwork and electronic documents and correspondence
* Strong organisational skills in time and task management
* Experience in a similar role essential
* Desire / potential to progress to Senior Accounts Manager role for suitable candidate
* Educated to degree level or equivalent, ACA/ACCA/CIMA part-qualified to newly qualified
To find out more about this opportunity; please call our Huntingdon Office ASAP or email us your CV to us for consideration.
Please note that at times due to the volume of applications we may not be able to respond to each person individually. If you do not hear from us within 7 days we're sorry you have not been successful this time. Please do not let this stop you applying for other positions you may be suitable for. Good Luck!
1st Choice Staff Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and acts as both an Employment Agency & Business.
Registered Office: 8 St Loyes Street Bedford MK40 1EP
Co Registration No: 07972006
VAT Registration No: 476186512
Bedford (Head Office) - Tel: 01234 210025 Milton Keynes - Tel: 01908 695599 Biggleswade - Tel: 01767 316767 Huntingdon - Tel: 01480 459141 Northampton - Tel: 01604 212169