The 1st Choice for recruitment
in Bedford, Milton Keynes, Huntingdon, Biggleswade and Northampton for over 30 years!
CLICK HERE to call your local office
Accounts Assistant Part Time - Manufacturing enviroment
Our Client in Sandy are recruiting for an accounts assistant to work within their busy accounts team.
The working hours can be flexible. You will be expected to work around 30 hours/week to be split as required over Monday - Friday. ½ hour lunch break. Start and finish times are negotiable.
To carry out the general accounts duties including maintaining purchase ledger, paying suppliers and expenses. Payroll input including collating hours and overtime.
* Purchase ledger control including data input of purchase invoices and reconciling with goods receipts notes
* Reconciling supplier statements to our ledgers for monthly payment runs.
* Reclaiming the correct VAT on each PL invoice and ensuring correct coding to nominal codes.
* Maintaining company credit cards including reconciling receipts to monthly statements and posting expenses to chargeable jobs. Chasing any missing receipts from employees.
* Running month end reports including creditors control account and goods received not invoiced.
* Assisting with stock take at year end ensuring obsolete and slow-moving stock is written down/off.
* Weekly bank reconciliations for GBP and Euro accounts to accounts software and statements.
* Calculating weekly employee hours and data input for job costing.
* Assisting payroll - calculating overtime, bonuses, sickness etc.
* Maintaining company holiday planner per employee.
* Communication and support other departments notably Purchasing, Production and Project Management.
* Manage own workload to ensure targets and deadlines are met.
* Minimum 3 years within a manufacturing enviroment including purchase ledger experience
* AAT or equivalent
* IT literate with experience of MS Outlook, Word and Excel
* Experience within the Manufacturing industry
* Ability to work in a team environment
* Strong verbal and communication skills
* Strong analytical skills
* Flexible working attitude - days/hours may need to be flexed for holiday cover
* Sage 50 Payroll literate
* ERP system experience
* Previous payroll experience but training will be given
* VAT input experience
Please note that at times due to the volume of applications we may not be able to respond to each person individually. If you do not hear from us within 7 days we're sorry you have not been successful this time. Please do not let this stop you applying for other positions you may be suitable for. Good Luck!
1st Choice Staff Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and acts as both an Employment Agency & Business.
Registered Office: 8 St Loyes Street Bedford MK40 1EP
Co Registration No: 07972006
VAT Registration No: 476186512
Bedford (Head Office) - Tel: 01234 210025 Milton Keynes - Tel: 01908 695599 Biggleswade - Tel: 01767 316767 Huntingdon - Tel: 01480 459141 Northampton - Tel: 01604 212169