The 1st Choice for recruitment
in Bedford, Milton Keynes, Huntingdon, Biggleswade and Northampton for over 25 years!
CLICK HERE to call your local office
The Pitacs Group are one of the largest distributors of heating products and electrical cable in the UK. We also supply over 38 countries across the world. Our site in Milton Keynes boasts a warehouse spanning 93,000 square feet.
We are looking for a reliable Warehouse and Facilities Manager to be responsible for all on site stock management, storage and health and safety. The goal is to manage the entire order cycle so as to enhance business development and ensure sustainability and customer satisfaction.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
* Use data from IT systems to evaluate performance and quality and to plan improvements;
* Allocate and manage staff resources according to changing needs;
* Supervise, coach and train warehouse workforce;
* Working closely with the Supply Chain department on incoming stock management and planning;
* Take control of facilities management (Hygiene, H&S and Security)
* Meet cost, productivity, accuracy and timeline targets;
* Implement health and safety procedures;
* Carry out Risk Assessments;
* Manage staff training issues;
* Motivate other members of the team;
* Comply with laws, regulations and ISO requirements;
* Project manage;
* Set objectives;
* Plan projects;
* Work on new supply strategies;
Key Skills and Experience Required:
* Proven working experience as a warehouse manager;
* Record of successful distribution and facilities management;
* Demonstrable ability to lead and manage staff;
* Excellent analytical, problem solving and organisational skills;
* Ability to work independently and handle multiple projects;
* Good time management;
* Ability to solve problems and make decisions, as well as think laterally and offer creative solutions;
* Commercial awareness and the ability to manage change;
* Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
* Work logically and systematically;
Please note that at times due to the volume of applications we may not be able to respond to each person individually. If you do not hear from us within 7 days we're sorry you have not been successful this time. Please do not let this stop you applying for other positions you may be suitable for. Good Luck!
1st Choice Staff Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and acts as both an Employment Agency & Business.
Registered Office: 8 St Loyes Street Bedford MK40 1EP
Co Registration No: 07972006
VAT Registration No: 476186512
Bedford (Head Office) - Tel: 01234 210025 Milton Keynes - Tel: 01908 695599 Biggleswade - Tel: 01767 316767 Huntingdon - Tel: 01480 459141 Northampton - Tel: 01604 212169