The 1st Choice for recruitment
in Bedford, Milton Keynes, Huntingdon, Biggleswade and Northampton for over 25 years!
CLICK HERE to call your local office
Our client is currently looking for the right candidate to fill a Technical Supervisor position for the next 3 months. You will ideally have 5 years previous experience in technical management within the food manufacturing industry.
If you feel you meet the requirements and are available to start as soon as possible then we'd love to hear from you!
Job role: Technical Supervisor
Salary: Up to £28,000 DOE
Hours: Full time - 3 month contract
The job role will include...
* Effectively leading and motivating the site team to deliver on objectives.
* Ensuring yourself and the work area conforms to health and safety legislation, policies and standards, reporting issues so that the site is healthy, safe and free from accidents.
* Understanding, implementing and reviewing quality systems associated with the production of food to the agreed safety and quality standards to include full management of organisational QMS system and associated works.
* Providing practical support and drive to promote a Quality Assurance culture across all departments. Responsible for ensuring that all Quality policy standards and system operate in accordance with the organisation's, BRC and customer standards ensuring verification procedures are in place.
* Managing effective communications with internal and external customers, suppliers and operational teams to ensure all the Technical needs of the business are met.
* Understands and identifies all technical related training requirements across all organisational levels. Facilitates site technical training to ensure that all employees are appropriately knowledgeable on Food Safety and HACCP.
* Lead, motivate and inspire the Technical team members in line with site Technical standards and QMS.
* Ensure that departmental KPI's are monitored and presented in report form to allow identification of improvement plans.
* Take the lead on all customer complaints, internal investigation and internal audits until satisfactory resolution reached, following up on any non-conformances or corrective actions.
* Show flexibility in being available to attend all appropriate departmental training / team briefs and subsequently carrying out varied tasks within the department.
The right candidate will have...
* A minimum of 5 years experience within Technical Management or a supervisory role.
* Experience within food manufacturing sector.
* Thorough knowledge of food legislation, BRC and HACCP.
* An ability to conduct internal audits (preferably to lead assessor standard).
* Understands responsibilities to work safely and considers the safety of others.
* Adheres to quality standards as they relate to own role.
* Understands IT systems used in own area and can use a range of functions and software.
* Experience of assisting or leading within BRC Audit.
* Experience of managing a team.
* Excellent communication skills.
* Excellent decision-making and clarity of thinking skills.
* Strong leadership skills with the ability to drive quality standards.
* Ability to work under pressure whilst effectively managing the team.
* Will be.. Commercially astute and numerate with the ability to analyse and interpret technical and business data.
Please note that at times due to the volume of applications we may not be able to respond to each person individually. If you do not hear from us within 7 days we're sorry you have not been successful this time. Please do not let this stop you applying for other positions you may be suitable for. Good Luck!
1st Choice Staff Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and acts as both an Employment Agency & Business.
Registered Office: 8 St Loyes Street Bedford MK40 1EP
Co Registration No: 07972006
VAT Registration No: 476186512
Bedford (Head Office) - Tel: 01234 210025 Milton Keynes - Tel: 01908 695599 Biggleswade - Tel: 01767 316767 Huntingdon - Tel: 01480 459141 Northampton - Tel: 01604 212169