The 1st Choice for recruitment
in Bedford, Milton Keynes, Huntingdon, Biggleswade and Northampton for over 25 years!
CLICK HERE to call your local office
Do you have previous experience managing a supply chain function?
Are you highly analytical whilst taking an entrepreneurial approach to your work?
An exciting opportunity has arisen to be in control of the full supply chain process within our excellent Milton Keynes based client. Your role will include assessing volume requirements, study and analyse markets to make improvements and manage inventory risk.
Position: Supply Chain Manager
Hours: Monday to Friday, 9am to 5.30pm
Salary: £40,000 to £45,000 pa plus benefits
The job will involve...
- Lead the contract negotiations for all raw material and packaging contracts and manage relationships.
- Develop and implement SLA's with key suppliers to facilitate enhanced supply and reduce onsite stock holding.
- Develop and maintain a suite of KPIs to measure and challenge quality, cost and delivery performance and act on the results were required.
- Performance review meetings with suppliers and distribution carriers
- Manage the development of supply chain and continuous improvement projects affecting cost, quality and delivery
- Study and analyse markets to make recommendations of possible savings without detracting from quality requirements.
- Implement and manage a supplier quality management system that ensures compliance with all relevant standards including managing supplier relationships and auditing.
- Ensuring all negotiated gains are tracked, measured and delivered
- Work closely with the global NPD team to ensure that all materials are suitable
- Inform other departments of all relevant information regarding changes in materials
- Ensure material supply meets production requirements with minimum stock levels
- Take ownership of material planning issues that arise, including over or under delivery and take any follow up actions
- Assess volume requirements against planning assumptions
- Manage inventory risk and ensure that contingency plans are in place whilst assessing
- Manage the material capacity planning process within the business
- Develop and maintain good relationships with suppliers and ensure demand for materials is met and deliveries made on time
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to forecast, plan and facilitate on-time materials to the production line
- Take lead on internal and external relationships to ensure consistent, timely and effective communication regarding material availability
- Support new business initiatives and projects and contribute to review meetings and change process ensuring effective material planning implementation takes place to accommodate the changes
- Will have worked in an FMCG environment or have had exposure to a fast paced manufacturing operation
- Strong leadership presence alongside great project management skills
- Good interpersonal, leadership and motivation skills
- Possess proficient change management skills with a postive attitude to team work
- Strong analytical, commercial and negotiation skills
- Proven track record of negotiating and managing key supplier SLA's/contracts
- Proactive, 'can do' attitude
- A resilient, self starter with a proactive 'can do' approach to their work
- An excellent communicator who can build great relationships
- High level of drive, commitment and organisation
- Ability to work flexibly as travel may be required
- University Degree or experience equivalent required
- At least 5 years managing supply chain functions to include supply chain operations and inbound/outbound shipping (experience in the printing industry would be advantageous)
- CIPS qualified or working towards (or equivalent) / relevant degree
Please note that at times due to the volume of applications we may not be able to respond to each person individually. If you do not hear from us within 7 days we're sorry you have not been successful this time. Please do not let this stop you applying for other positions you may be suitable for. Good Luck!
1st Choice Staff Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and acts as both an Employment Agency & Business.
Registered Office: 8 St Loyes Street Bedford MK40 1EP
Co Registration No: 07972006
VAT Registration No: 476186512
Bedford (Head Office) - Tel: 01234 210025 Milton Keynes - Tel: 01908 695599 Biggleswade - Tel: 01767 316767 Huntingdon - Tel: 01480 459141 Northampton - Tel: 01604 212169