The 1st Choice for recruitment
in Bedford, Milton Keynes, Huntingdon, Biggleswade and Northampton for over 25 years!
CLICK HERE to call your local office
Are you a professional with exceptional experience within senior quality management roles?
Do you have a keen eye for detail, always looking for continuous improvements?
This is an exciting opportunity to join our client in Milton Keynes as a Quality Assurance Manager. Your role will ensure the high quality and global standards of the clients products and drive quality throughout the business.
Position: Quality Assurance Manager
Hours: Monday to Friday, 9am to 5.30pm
Salary: £30,000 to £35,000pa plus benefits
The job will involve...
- Champions a dynamic and proactive culture with a "hands-on approach" in coaching teams
- Assures that the business has a robust and documented internal audit processes and procedures to identify quality improvement opportunities
- Develop a suite of quality KPI's and maintaining standards of performance.
- Leads, develops, and standardises all equipment, process, and product validations across the all four shifts in line with global requirements.
- Champion waste reduction and quality improvement initiatives using lean and six sigma tools to drive a culture of continuous improvement
- Support new business initiatives and projects and contribute to review meetings and change programmes ensuring effective implementation and consistency across the shifts.
- Lead and coach the manufacturing teams to effectively resolve issues on the print floor using modern problem-solving techniques using root cause analysis tools with on-going statistical trend analyses in detecting shifts in quality performance
- Ensures that all key raw material specifications are aligned to customer specifications,
- Track and trend internal/external customer complaints to identify improvement
- Ensures effective and collaborative communication within the teams
- Deploy statistical analysis methods to identify and remedy areas for improvement
- Review and implement language industry quality metrics
- Provide customer liaison on major complaints where applicable
- Manage and update quality documentation
- Ensure a safe and clean working environment.
- Professional experience in senior quality management roles
- ISO 9001 trained would be ideal but not essential
- At least 5 years Quality Assurance experience, Managerial level
- CQI qualified or working towards (or equivalent) / relevant degree
- Ability to work independently and develop initiatives
- Excellent interpersonal, relationship building and customer-facing skills
- Experience of working in global operations
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office packages
- Outstanding written and spoken communication skills
- Prior internal/external regulatory audit experience
- Lean/Six Sigma experience preferred
- Good analytical skills with the ability to utilise in delivering improved performance
- Demonstrate commitment, enthusiasm and passion for continuous improvement and quality excellence
- Self-motivated with a high sense of "urgency" and self-initiative
- Attention to detail while having a strong sense of strategic priorities
- Strong leadership presence with a positive team player attitude
- Excellent communicator with great negotiation skills
- Self-starter that is organised and analytical in their approach
- High level of drive and commitment
- Ability to travel for work when required
Please note that at times due to the volume of applications we may not be able to respond to each person individually. If you do not hear from us within 7 days we're sorry you have not been successful this time. Please do not let this stop you applying for other positions you may be suitable for. Good Luck!
1st Choice Staff Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and acts as both an Employment Agency & Business.
Registered Office: 8 St Loyes Street Bedford MK40 1EP
Co Registration No: 07972006
VAT Registration No: 476186512
Bedford (Head Office) - Tel: 01234 210025 Milton Keynes - Tel: 01908 695599 Biggleswade - Tel: 01767 316767 Huntingdon - Tel: 01480 459141 Northampton - Tel: 01604 212169