The 1st Choice for recruitment
in Bedford, Milton Keynes, Huntingdon, Biggleswade and Northampton for over 25 years!
CLICK HERE to call your local office
Job role: Project Coordinator
Hours: Full time
Salary: £23,000 - £25,000 DOE
The Project Coordinator is primarily an office based role where the employee will provide day to day support to the teams project managers on various elements within the companies projects based activities. Further to this the employee may take responsibility for and manage smaller scale projects in their entirety.
The job role will include...
* Analysing and familiarising yourself with the specification and estimate build up for each project.
* Initiating the project task list, a document that drives the project forward - Scheduling labour resources and updating workload sheet.
* Liaising with clients at all stages of the project.
* Communicating with the project managers on all relevant elements of the project.
* Ensuring all emails are filed as a record of correspondence.
* Raising Purchase Orders for Sub-Contract Labour and Suppliers.
* Assisting Project Managers with ordering of plant equipment and waste management.
* Ensuring project paper file and IT system files are maintained to a high standard with each item relevant to the project located in the correct section.
* Constantly updating the project account spreadsheet to ensure the financial stability of project is maintained and managed.
* Liaising with sub-contractors in relation to programme dates.
* Scheduling deliveries with the Project Managers and ensure keys dates are communicated to all parties.
* Managing drawing packages with the design team to ensure correct drawings are issued to all parties involved with the project.
* Ensuring drawing registers are up to date and issue accordingly.
* Sending relevant information to building control officers and continuing to manage this process for the duration of the project.
* Providing clients, contracts manager's and sub-contractors with all relevant Health & Safety information relating to the project.
* Assisting in developing Construction Phase Health & Safety Plans and issue to site when required.
* Preparing method statements, risk assessments and COSHH assessments as necessary.
* Ensuring sub-contractors H&S documentation is vetted and implemented prior to commencing on site.
The right candidate will have...
* 2 to 3 years Project/Contract Administration/Coordination experience.
* Knowledge of fit-out and refurbishment project administration and coordination.
* Experience in the commercial interiors sector.
* Product Knowledge within the sector.
* Excellent communication skills across all elements of the sector. i.e. sub-contractors, suppliers, customers.
* Ability to work alone, schedule your own workload and prioritise as necessary.
* Basic knowledge of CDM 2015 regulations and Building Regulations.
Proficiency in the use of computers for:
* MS Excel
* MS Word
* MS Outlook
* AutoCAD Viewer
Please note that at times due to the volume of applications we may not be able to respond to each person individually. If you do not hear from us within 7 days we're sorry you have not been successful this time. Please do not let this stop you applying for other positions you may be suitable for. Good Luck!
1st Choice Staff Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and acts as both an Employment Agency & Business.
Registered Office: 8 St Loyes Street Bedford MK40 1EP
Co Registration No: 07972006
VAT Registration No: 476186512
Bedford (Head Office) - Tel: 01234 210025 Milton Keynes - Tel: 01908 695599 Biggleswade - Tel: 01767 316767 Huntingdon - Tel: 01480 459141 Northampton - Tel: 01604 212169