The 1st Choice for recruitment
in Bedford, Milton Keynes, Huntingdon, Biggleswade and Northampton for over 25 years!
CLICK HERE to call your local office
Do you have successful experience as an IT engineer?
Are you a professional, proactive and personable individual?
Then we may have the role for you...
Our client is looking to recruit an IT Technical Support Engineer to support with all IT related issues and requirements within the company.
Job role: IT Technical Support Engineer
Salary: £23,000 - £25,000 DOE
Hours: Full time
Location: Milton Keynes
The job role will include...
* Providing desktop support to all users for all IT systems, hardware and software.
* Managing network security and working on threat prevention, maintaining the network infrastructure including cabling and the replacement of hardware.
* Assisting external members of staff with remote access.
* Administering and supporting mobile devices including smart phones and tablet devices.
* Maintaining company in-house systems and applications across the business including but not exclusive to core management, reference databases, HR and time & attendance.
* Keeping software up to date and ensuring the latest versions are used and updates are installed.
* Liaising with customers on licensing/leasing issues for the company's software including all subsidiary applications and features. Providing support where required on setting up the software and networking.
* Helping manage the email system, carrying out day to day maintenance as required.
* Maintaining the UK section of the website, including updating, adding articles, and supporting staff or customers who may have issues. Designing, maintaining and editing the UK Intranet.
* Managing and controlling hardware returns of leased equipment.
* Researching options for future IT projects, and planning and managing any projects which are authorised.
* Carrying out data management and ensure backup and disaster recovery procedures are followed.
* General maintenance and administration of the IT areas throughout the business.
The right candidate will have...
* Competent knowledge and understanding of PC hardware, MS Windows and Office applications.
* An ability to work on your own initiative methodically, prioritising workloads flexibly and to the set guidelines.
* An ability to learn quickly.
* Good communication skills.
* Credibility and be able to be trusted with confidential information.
* Be able to travel to London if required.
* Capacity to cope under pressure.
* A friendly and outgoing disposition.
* An interest to challenge status quo and make suggestions to improve the company
* Experience of working in an office environment.
Please note that at times due to the volume of applications we may not be able to respond to each person individually. If you do not hear from us within 7 days we're sorry you have not been successful this time. Please do not let this stop you applying for other positions you may be suitable for. Good Luck!
1st Choice Staff Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and acts as both an Employment Agency & Business.
Registered Office: 8 St Loyes Street Bedford MK40 1EP
Co Registration No: 07972006
VAT Registration No: 476186512
Bedford (Head Office) - Tel: 01234 210025 Milton Keynes - Tel: 01908 695599 Biggleswade - Tel: 01767 316767 Huntingdon - Tel: 01480 459141 Northampton - Tel: 01604 212169