The 1st Choice for recruitment
in Bedford, Milton Keynes, Huntingdon, Biggleswade and Northampton for over 25 years!
CLICK HERE to call your local office
Do you have experience within Environmental Health and Safety Management? Do you have a NEBOSH general certificate or equivalent?
Are you a proactive and diligent individual who would enjoy the challenge of working in a fast paced environment?
Our client is looking for a Facilities & Compliance Coordinator to work within their growing company based in Milton Keynes
Travel to other UK locations will be required, along with occasional overseas travel.
Position: Full time
Salary: £24,000 - £30,000 DOE
Hours: 40 hours (Monday-Friday)
8.30am - 17:30pm (Some flexibility needed to fit the needs of the business) - Some weekend/ evening work may be required
Your day to day tasks will include...
* Ensure effective, planned and reactive maintenance of the building for the facility
* Manage relationships with external facilities suppliers to ensure service level agreements are maintained
* Ensure compliance with all legislation and standards
* Arrange and oversee the building maintenance
* Manage the tender process for external contractors
* Submit reports related to risk assessments, hazard identifications, and accidents and incidents. Investigating and following up incidents where identified.
* To deliver programmes of induction, monitor and co-ordinate health & safety or refresher training in regards to first aid, fire wardens and auditing.
* Maintain the company health and safety legal register
* Carry out internal auditing, promoting continuous improvement
* Carry out environmental inspections
* Manage allocated department budget, tracking of costs and invoice management and support annual budget planning process
* Lead the emergency response team for incidents
* Support management in updating and testing of the Business Continuity plan
* Manage your working day in line with company policy and practises
* To carry a mobile company phone to take emergency calls outside of working hours
* To be responsible for your own Health and Safety and be aware of factors affecting your colleagues to maintain a safe environment
* Switchboard and Reception Duties when required.
You will have...
* NEBOSH general certificate or equivalent required
* Substantial and up to date understanding of Environmental Health & Safety requirements relating to commercial property
* Ability to travel at short notice between company facilities in both the UK and abroad
* Ability to work flexibly as required
* Physically able to meet manual handling requirements - Ability to lift/carry in full range of motion and push/pull in a manufacturing environment up to 50lbs
* Professional with a high ethical standards
* Experience of ISO standards
* A Level/ Degree level qualification
* General math and statistical analysis
* Commitment to continuous personal development
* Experience of auditing
* Working within a fast paced and busy facilities and manufacturing environment
* Excellent communication, organisation and planning skills
* Strong literate and numerate ability
* Ability to prioritise and multi task your own workload
* An eye for detail, and problem solving ability
* Working as part of a team
If this position sounds of interested to you, and you meet the desired skill set, then we would love for you to apply!!
Please note that at times due to the volume of applications we may not be able to respond to each person individually. If you do not hear from us within 7 days we're sorry you have not been successful this time. Please do not let this stop you applying for other positions you may be suitable for. Good Luck!
1st Choice Staff Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and acts as both an Employment Agency & Business.
Registered Office: 8 St Loyes Street Bedford MK40 1EP
Co Registration No: 07972006
VAT Registration No: 476186512
Bedford (Head Office) - Tel: 01234 210025 Milton Keynes - Tel: 01908 695599 Biggleswade - Tel: 01767 316767 Huntingdon - Tel: 01480 459141 Northampton - Tel: 01604 212169