The 1st Choice for recruitment
in Bedford, Milton Keynes, Huntingdon, Biggleswade and Northampton for over 25 years!
CLICK HERE to call your local office
Do you have experience within Commercial Insurance ? This is essential for the role!!
Are you an organised and proactive individual, with a great eye for detail?
Our client is recruiting for a Commercial Account Handler to support with the insurance administration and insurance accounts requirements within the company.
Job Title: Commercial Account Handler
Hours: Full time
Location: Milton Keynes
The job role will involve...
- Assisting and carrying out insurance administration as required.
- Providing broking and administrative services to clients, confining advice and information to those areas in which the jobholder is deemed competent, otherwise seeking advice as appropriate.
- Giving instructions to insurance providers.
- Checking policy documents (including endorsements) for accuracy prior to receipt by clients.
- Handling the invoicing of premiums due, maintaining effective credit control in respect of allocated clients.
- Processing correspondence, renewals, pre-renewal activity, quotations and computer input.
- Managing own files as per local procedures.
- Collating and preparing reports for both client and insurer market.
- Understanding client's situation, opportunities and problems and design of appropriate solutions.
- Ensuring where possible, premiums are settled in accordance with company credit control procedures.
- Expanding existing client portfolio to include additional covers and to produce new business leads for sales teams.
- Assisting in ensuring that all post and diary activity is completed daily in accordance with the local procedures and performance standards.
- Assisting team performance by regular communication with colleagues and manager to establish and raise concerns and provide solutions.
- Ensuring compliance with local procedures, customer service standards and external compliance regulations.
The right candidate will have...
- Previous experience in insurance administration (desirable).
- A professional, positive and proactive approach to working.
- An ability to work on your own initiative and manage your own work load flexibly.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Competent skills in using Microsoft software.
- An ability to work within a team and as an individual.
- Great attention to detail.
Please note that at times due to the volume of applications we may not be able to respond to each person individually. If you do not hear from us within 7 days we're sorry you have not been successful this time. Please do not let this stop you applying for other positions you may be suitable for. Good Luck!
1st Choice Staff Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and acts as both an Employment Agency & Business.
Registered Office: 8 St Loyes Street Bedford MK40 1EP
Co Registration No: 07972006
VAT Registration No: 476186512
Bedford (Head Office) - Tel: 01234 210025 Milton Keynes - Tel: 01908 695599 Biggleswade - Tel: 01767 316767 Huntingdon - Tel: 01480 459141 Northampton - Tel: 01604 212169