The 1st Choice for recruitment
in Bedford, Milton Keynes, Huntingdon, Biggleswade and Northampton for over 25 years!
CLICK HERE to call your local office
Our client is currently looking the right person with previous experience within collections that will help deliver exceptional customer service in arrears management and supporting the customer to repay overdue repayments on their lending agreements.
The right candidate will be able to handle telephone calls confidently from customers experiencing financial difficulties and authorised 3rd parties in relation to lending that is behind with repayments. They will be able to agree and set up appropriate repayment arrangements, managing the customer relationship to facilitate the appropriate resolution in line with company policy.
Position: Collections Advisor
Hours: 37.5 hours - 8am to 8pm (Monday to Friday) & 8am to 1pm (Saturday). Must be available to work between these hours on a rota basis.
Location: Milton Keynes
The job role will include...
* Actively engage and build trust with customers providing advice appropriate to their circumstances.
* Negotiating with customers on how best to bring their accounts up to date or agree a suitable repayment plan that works for both the customer and the business.
* Carrying out full income and expenditure risk assessments and make repayment decisions in line with TCF principles and the company's strategies.
* Identifying situations that may require specialist handling (e.g. Fraud or Legal) and refer these on as appropriate.
* Being willing to actively review and improve the collections processes against business and customer measures from design to implementation.
* Working with other collections stakeholders to design, develop and test collections strategies and processes.
* Helping deliver a best in class arrears management function through the appropriate training and mentoring of colleagues.
* Providing colleagues and customers with a professional and efficient service in an enthusiastic and knowledgeable manner at all times.
* Having good independent organisational planning and communication skills.
* Maintaining an up-to-date knowledge of regulatory and legislative information related to Consumer Finance products and services.
* Maintaining knowledge and understanding of all relevant policies and procedures, being compliant at all times.
* Proactively seeking opportunities and assume responsibility for prioritisation of own workload.
* Maximising cash collection ensuring targets and company objectives are met.
* Reviewing and implementing processes and procedures to improve productivity.
* Ensuring best practice and compliance is adhered at all times.
* Ensuring accounts are monitored and worked accordingly to SLA's.
* Developing and maintaining all relevant policies and procedures within the department.
* Review communication templates and strategies ensuring continue adherence to compliance.
The right candidate will have...
* Previous collections experience within a regulated environment (essential)
* An awareness of consumer lending (desirable)
* Excellent communication and negotiation skills
* Excellent attention to detail and ability to work calmly under pressure
* An ability to work in an extremely fast paced environment
* Previous experience within an OFT or FCA (FSA) regulated environment (desirable)
* Flexibility, enthusiasm and be a strong team player
* Analytical and critical reasoning skills
* Computer literacy skills including MS Office
Please note that at times due to the volume of applications we may not be able to respond to each person individually. If you do not hear from us within 7 days we're sorry you have not been successful this time. Please do not let this stop you applying for other positions you may be suitable for. Good Luck!
1st Choice Staff Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and acts as both an Employment Agency & Business.
Registered Office: 8 St Loyes Street Bedford MK40 1EP
Co Registration No: 07972006
VAT Registration No: 476186512
Bedford (Head Office) - Tel: 01234 210025 Milton Keynes - Tel: 01908 695599 Biggleswade - Tel: 01767 316767 Huntingdon - Tel: 01480 459141 Northampton - Tel: 01604 212169