The 1st Choice for recruitment
in Bedford, Milton Keynes, Huntingdon, Biggleswade and Northampton for over 25 years!
CLICK HERE to call your local office
Are you a skilled Press Brake Operator with setting and programming skills looking for a new opportunity for 2018?
Our Bedford based client are seeking an experienced Press Brake Setter Operator, to work in their sheet metal fabrication team. You will be required to produce stainless steel products to the expected quality standards, on time and in full. You will be a reliable team member and work with your team to achieve the targets set whilst maintaining a clean, tidy and safe working environment.
The main responsibilities and duties for this role include, but are not limited to:-
* Setting and operating Press Brake
* Use of various hand tools and sheet metal machinery in the fabrication and finishing of materials (training will be provided);
* Assist in programming and nesting;
* Executing works orders to the product requirements, in a timely manner with the desired quality and accuracy;
* Working of stainless steel components 0.9mm to 3.00mm thickness;
* Quality Assurance by inspection of own work and others for manufactured and purchased finished products along with the associated paper work;
* General warehouse tasks as and when required to suit demand;
* Assist in basic welding when required;
* Planned regular housekeeping;
* Ensure a safe working environment at all times.
The successful person:
The successful candidate will be team player who is focused on achieving a high standard finished product to meet or exceed our customers' expectations. We are looking for the following attributes:-
* Customer focused;
* Reliable team player;
* Able to multi-task;
* Ability to learn and keen to develop new skills;
* Has a 'can do' approach;
* Accurate in their work and has a good attention to detail;
* Ability to respond to short lead times which requires a flexible approach;
* Good housekeeping.
Knowledge and education:
* Experienced in the full use press brake operations, setting and programming (min 3 years experience);
* Understand bend allowances, flat pattern development and correct tooling;
* Have a good level of numeracy;
* Able to read drawings and perform measurements;
* Basic computer skills;
* Counterbalance Fork Lift Licence;
* Workshop health and safety.
Additionally it would be helpful if you have experience in some of the following:-
* Finishing operations;
* CNC Punch;
* Laser operations;
* TIG Welding;
Our client offer a competitive salary and 25 days holidays per year plus Bank Holidays. They offer a Company Pension Scheme and Private Healthcare after a qualifying period. Working hours are 39 hours per week, Monday to Thursday 7am - 4pm and Fridays 7am- 12 noon. Some flexibility with be required.
Please note that at times due to the volume of applications we may not be able to respond to each person individually. If you do not hear from us within 7 days we're sorry you have not been successful this time. Please do not let this stop you applying for other positions you may be suitable for. Good Luck!
1st Choice Staff Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and acts as both an Employment Agency & Business.
Registered Office: 8 St Loyes Street Bedford MK40 1EP
Co Registration No: 07972006
VAT Registration No: 476186512
Bedford (Head Office) - Tel: 01234 210025 Milton Keynes - Tel: 01908 695599 Biggleswade - Tel: 01767 316767 Huntingdon - Tel: 01480 459141 Northampton - Tel: 01604 212169