The 1st Choice for recruitment
in Bedford, Milton Keynes, Huntingdon, Biggleswade and Northampton for over 25 years!
CLICK HERE to call your local office
Do you have great administration skills?
Are you a proactive individual with a professional and organised approach to working?
Do you have experience in the recruitment industry?
Our client is looking for a great administrator to join their team in the personnel department supporting with the day to day administration duties of the recruitment processes for the company.
Job title: Administrative Assistant
Salary: £17,000 - £19,000
Hours: Full time - 8:30 to 5:30pm (Monday - Friday)
Fixed Term Contract (8 months)
Your job role will include...
* Responding and resolving incoming telephone calls related to the personnel process eg. application form requests, vacancy requirements, call for references and agencies, etc.
* Managing the incoming post on a daily basis.
* Providing efficient and accurate administration assistance to the personnel department, ensuring all related letters are prepared and despatched and all correspondence is dealt with and filed correctly.
* Maintaining and updating personnel records for the company, ensuring information is held securely both on the computerised database and manual records.
* Collating all information relating to new employees, completing engagement forms and ensuring that termination forms are completed in full.
* Maintaining vacancy lists.
* Assisting the Senior Personnel Administrator (when required) with the preparation of recruitment offer letters and contracts.
* Ensuring open HR diary events are actioned, i.e. 6 month probation end & 12 month service memos are sent.
* Ensuring all service awards are processed. In order to do so, you will need to liaise with the marketing department and personnel team members.
* Chasing Working Time Regulations agreements to opt-out forms and updating Open HR databases.
* Chasing references and ensuring file notes are made if needed within 4 weeks of commencement date.
* Any other adhoc duties as required.
You will have the following skills for the position...
* Excellent Microsoft Office packages skills.
* A good telephone manner and communication skills.
* Attention to detail and excellent administration skills.
* Able to work under pressure and prioritise your workload efficiently.
* Previous experience in a similar recruitment assistant position.
* A Full, clean UK driving licence would be an advantage.
Please note that at times due to the volume of applications we may not be able to respond to each person individually. If you do not hear from us within 7 days we're sorry you have not been successful this time. Please do not let this stop you applying for other positions you may be suitable for. Good Luck!
1st Choice Staff Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and acts as both an Employment Agency & Business.
Registered Office: 8 St Loyes Street Bedford MK40 1EP
Co Registration No: 07972006
VAT Registration No: 476186512
Bedford (Head Office) - Tel: 01234 210025 Milton Keynes - Tel: 01908 695599 Biggleswade - Tel: 01767 316767 Huntingdon - Tel: 01480 459141 Northampton - Tel: 01604 212169